Dawn Lee Black Pepper
Black pepper is an impressive spice with versatile uses and thus is often referred as ‘king of spice’.
It has a sharp, hot and biting flavor. It is a warming spice.
Aromatic black pepper is extensively used as a seasoning. Pepper combines well with almost every other spice or herb. It is known for its remarkably strong fragrance and flavor.
Black pepper is considered an important healing spice in ayurveda and is said to have amazing therapeutic potential against various ailments.
It has many medicinal properties like-
- It is high in anti-oxidants and has cleansing properties
- It enhances the oxygen supply to brain and thus helps in its development.
- It has anti-inflammatory, cancer-fighting properties.
- It boosts the absorption of essential nutrients from food, for instance - calcium, vitamin A, vitamin C etc.
- It helps transport the benefits of other herbs to the different parts of the body.
Dawn Lee’s Specialty-
Whole, round, heavy and dense fruits of pepper plant (Piper nigrum) i.e. peppercorns are used. You can freshly crush them or hand grind them (using the Mortar & Pestle Technique) and relish all its natural components and nutrients.
Dawn Lee provides darker and uniform color peppercorns. Our peppercorns are unpolished and no harmful chemicals or additives are used to give them a shine. It’s volatile-oils are intact thus giving it a strong pungent flavor richness and fullness.
- The black peppercorns available in market have many adulterants (like-Papaya seeds, artificial color etc).
- They are rotten, empty inside – and are without any taste, sharpness and smell.
- The ground pepper available in market is often adulterated using-stones, earth, dust, branches, garbage, metallic impurities, insects, larvae, excrement of animals etc.
- Quick Water Tests for authenticity- Add some black pepper in a glass of water and wait for some time. If it settles at the bottom surface of the glass then it is pure otherwise it has adulterants. The floating black pepper particles indicate the presence of papaya seeds in them.
- Also we can test for papaya seeds by eating them as they will not have pungent taste.