These beans are one of the best plant-based sources of protein.
• Moong dal is rich in potassium and iron. The former helps lower blood pressure and protects against muscle cramping. It also helps protect the body against an irregular heartbeat. Its light and easy-to-digest nature make it a great food for those suffering from hypertension.
• Moong dal is a nutrient-rich food. They’re packed with minerals like potassium, magnesium, iron, and copper. In addition to this, they also contain foliate, fiber, and vitamin B6, apart from loads of high-quality protein.
• Moong dal has a low glycemic index. It helps bring down the insulin, blood glucose and fat levels in the body. In turn, this helps keep blood sugar levels under control, and diabetes in check.
• This makes the body feel full after eating, and improves your metabolism rate too. Thus, moong dal contributes to controlling weight.
• Iron helps in the proper production of red blood cells. This, in turn, prevents anemia and improves the overall blood circulation in the body