Mustard seeds are also known as rai, sarson. They are fiery and powerful and provide a milder nutty flavor to any dish.
Mustard seeds (rai) are abundant with health beneficiary properties too.
- It is useful in the treatment of cancer, rheumatic arthritis, migraine, respiration congestion, blood pressure and gives menopausal relief.
- It stimulates the appetite by increasing salivation
Dawn Lee’s Specialty-
High quality, handpicked mustard seeds are offered.
- The mustard seeds available in market have many adulterants (like- Argemone seeds, artificial color etc).
- Mustard seeds have a smooth appearance, whereas the argemone seeds have a rough, grainy appearance which is black in color. There is a yellow core in a mustard seed when pressed, whereas in argemone seed it is black.
- Quick Water Tests for authenticity- Add some mustard seeds in a glass of water. If it has artificial color then color of the water will change.