Dawn Lee Turmeric (Haldi) Powder
Turmeric is a vivid yellow-orange powder used in Indian recipes for ages. This versatile spice is mostly used as a coloring and flavoring agent.
From ancient times Grandmother’s health secret is “Turmeric”. Recently scientists and health experts too have started acknowledging its health benefits. All the impressive properties of turmeric are due to the presence of a compound called curcumin.
Curcumin is a naturally-occurring chemical compound found in the spice turmeric which happens to be the only and the easily accessible source of curcumin. Turmeric root contains this active ingredient curcumin.
Its medicinal applications too are very extensive. It is an-
- Anti-biotic, anti-septic, anti-inflammatory and anti-oxidant
- Effective nutritional and dietary supplement.
- It Improves the immune system and aids digestion.
- It relieves arthritis pain, treats burns and tumors too.
Dawn Lee’s Specialty
Turmeric's curcumin is the hallmark of its quality as it renders all the therapeutic and health benefits to it. World’s best turmeric comes with 6% or more curcumin and that too from pesticide-free farming.
Dawn Lee provides pure, pesticide-free and traditionally grown raw turmeric. Our turmeric comes from (LAKADONG) one of the best farms in India. We then hand grind it; using the Mortar & Pestle Technique to preserve all its natural components and nutrients. It has amazing taste, fragrance, and bright yellow color and contains curcumin up to 7% which is the maximum present in any turmeric available in the market.
- The turmeric available in the market has many adulterants (like- Chalk powder, Rice powder, Harmful color, Industrial dyes, Chemicals (Metanil Yellow, Lead Chromate), etc.) which pose serious threats to our health.
- Turmeric’s authenticity can be assessed through some quick water tests-
- For Lead Chromate- Add one tea-spoon of turmeric powder in a glass of water. If it is adulterated with lead chromate, then it will display the streaks just like the soluble color in water.
- For Metanil Yellow- In one glass of water add one teaspoon of turmeric powder. In this liquid add a few drops of concentrated hydrochloric acid. If on stirring, the liquid turns pinkish then it reflects the presence of metanil yellow chemical