Poppy Seeds (Khas Khas)
Poppy seeds are the seed from poppy plant. They have a mellow, neutral flavor and add a pleasant crunch to food.
They have a cooling and calming effect on our body and have scientifically-proven health benefits like-
- Help in prevention of heart disorders.
(It contains a considerable amount of linoleic acid that provides omega-6 fatty acid which is an essential component to ensure the health of heart).
- They are rich in iron, phosphorus and calcium that boost the development and maintenance of bones.
- Poppy seeds are known to aid the digestive system, cure mouth ulcers and ease the symptoms of insomnia.
- They are known to boost energy and enhance brain function too.
Dawn Lee’s Specialty-
Poppy plants are skilfully selected to provide high quality seeds which are not bitter and this is the sign of its purity.
- The poppy seeds available in market have many adulterants (like- Chicken grain, Amaranth grain (Rajgira flour), are washed with acid and some other harmful chemicals to increase its shine)
- Quick Water Tests for authenticity- Add poppy seeds in a glass of water and leave this mixture for some time. If the color of water changes even slightly, then it indicates the presence of adulterants.