Dawn Lee Poppy Seeds (Khas Khas)
Poppy seeds are the seed from poppy plant. They have a mellow, neutral flavor and add a pleasant crunch to food.
Poppy seeds are sprinkled as a topping on many cakes and pastries. They are well-known for adding a crunch to various confectionaries and desserts. Its flavor is often characterized as walnut-like, fruity and slightly smoky. It is also widely used to thicken the gravies, dips and curries.
They are rich in aromatic essential oils and have a nutty flavor.
They have a cooling and calming effect on our body and have scientifically-proven health benefits like-
- Help in prevention of heart disorders.
(It contains a considerable amount of linoleic acid that provides omega-6 fatty acid which is an essential component to ensure the health of heart).
- They are rich in iron, phosphorus and calcium that boost the development and maintenance of bones.
- Poppy seeds are known to aid the digestive system, cure mouth ulcers and ease the symptoms of insomnia.
- They are known to boost energy and enhance brain function too.
- They assist in production of red blood cells.
Dawn Lee’s Specialty-
Poppy plants are skilfully selected to provide high quality seeds which are not bitter and this is the sign of its purity.
Also it is ensured that the seeds are fresh and have their essential oils intact. Unwashed and contaminated poppy seeds have more side effects than benefits and thus Dawn Lee takes utmost care while selecting these seeds.
- The poppy seeds available in market have many adulterants (like- Chicken grain, Amaranth grain (Rajgira flour), are washed with acid and some other harmful chemicals to increase its shine)
- Quick Water Tests for authenticity- Add poppy seeds in a glass of water and leave this mixture for some time. If the color of water changes even slightly, then it indicates the presence of adulterants.