Dawn Lee Asafetida (Heeng) Powder
Asafetida powder is powerfully flavored and pungent raw. It has a very strong scent with garlicky or oniony qualities and earthy aromas. It is a very common ingredient in any Indian household and is used since ages. It is commonly used for ‘tadkas’ in curries.
It has both medicinal and culinary benefits.
- It is an age-old medicine for stomach problems including gas, bloating, irritable bowel syndrome, intestinal worms and an antidote for flatulence.
- It has anti-spasmodic and anti-inflammatory properties too.
- It stimulates the appetite and improves digestion.
Dawn Lee’s Specialty-
Dawn Lee’s Heeng powder is crushed in a traditional method, between heavy stones using Mortar and Pestle technique. Although the powder is naturally gluten-free, it is almost always manufactured by diluting it significantly with wheat flour. Dawn Lee provides gluten-free heeng powder.
Dawn Lee’s heeng contains more than 70% asafetida and gives garden-fresh aroma.
- The asafetida available in market has many adulterants (like- sand, dirt, earth gritty matter, artificial color, starch, chalk powder, bark, stone, and saw dust).
- Quick Water Tests for authenticity- Add some asafetida powder into water and allow it to settle. Soap stone and other earthy material settle down at the bottom.