Raw Asafetida (Heeng)
Asafetida (Heeng) is said to accentuate the flavor of a dish and add aromatic freshness of onion/garlic too.
It has both medicinal and culinary benefits.
- It is an age-old medicine for stomach problems including gas, bloating, irritable bowel syndrome, intestinal worms and an antidote for flatulence.
- It has anti-spasmodic and anti-inflammatory properties too.
- It stimulates the appetite and improves digestion.
Dawn Lee’s Specialty-
Dawn Lee’s raw heeng contains more than 90% asafetida and gives gluten free, garden-fresh aroma.
- The asafetida available in market has many adulterants (like- sand, dirt, earth gritty matter, artificial color, starch, chalk powder, bark, stone, and saw dust).
- Quick Water Tests for authenticity- Add some asafetida powder into water and allow it to settle. Soap stone and other earthy material settle down at the bottom.