Saffron is a golden-colored, stigma (thread-like parts of the flower) that is used mainly as a seasoning and coloring agent in food. It has distinct aroma and is considered as an amazing flavor enhancer.
It has been revered for its medicinal properties since ancient times.
- Saffron improves mood, memory and learning ability.
- It is also rich in anti-cancer and antidepressant properties.
- It is a powerful antioxidant.
- It is an excellent replacement for synthetic food coloring agents.
Dawn Lee’s Specialty-
Finest quality saffron stigmas which are handpicked, manually sorted and dried under controlled conditions are used.
Dawn Lee’s saffron threads are long and of premium A+ quality.
- Since saffron is an expensive product, the saffron available in market has many adulterants (like- saffron with yellow styles, safflower, and dyed corn stigma)
- Quick water tests for authenticity- Pure saffron gives yellow color in water whereas fake saffron gives light red color.