Star Anise (Chakri Phool)
Star anise is a dried, star shaped fruit of Illicium verum. A tiny petal of Star Anise can add whole new dimensions of flavor and aroma to food.
It is an unsung hero and a popular herb used in the Ayurvedic system of medicine and ancient Chinese therapy for centuries.
- It is an excellent digestive aid.
- It is used to treat headaches, vomiting, and gastric problems.
- It stimulates the appetite.
- It has anti-spasmodic, anti- bacterial, anti-fungal properties too.
- It aids in the treatment of cough, especially whooping cough, asthma and bronchitis.
Dawn Lee’s Specialty-
Satr Anise contains essential oils. Dawn Lee’s star anise has these natural oils intact. Whereas the one that is available in the market has harmful, low quality oil and chemicals in it.